Tips for Installing Sandblasting Nozzles:
Suggested Good Nozzle Practice.
- Your new carbide lined sandblasting nozzle is supplied with a nozzle washer. Place threaded end of nozzle up against end of abrasive blast hose in nozzle holder. There should be 100% surface contact between nozzle washer and top of hose. (See picture below) When installed correctly the sandblasting nozzle washer will help prevent wear at blast cleaning nozzle entrance.
- Always inspect equipment & replace worn hose, nozzle holders, washers & carbide sandblasting nozzles.
- To maintain productivity always replace your carbide sand blasting nozzle when inside bore has worn to one size larger than originally supplied. (1/16" /1.59mm)
- To avoid injury/harm when blast cleaning, always follow all statutory & other established safety rules covering blast cleaning operating procedures.
- To avoid injury/harm when blast cleaning, always follow all statutory & other established safety rules covering the selection & use of equipment & media.
- When using and cleaning sandblasting / blast cleaning nozzles do not bang/impact them as this may crack or fracture the carbide liner.
- Please remember the blast cleaning nozzle is a tool and should be protected against damage like any other tool.
- Always check carbide lined sandblasting nozzles before using for excessive wear, cracked or broken liners. Always replace nozzles when you see the liner has been damaged, cracked or otherwise compromised.
- Before screwing nozzle & holder together, clean threads of grit etc. Make sure you use the supplied washer and replace when worn. The washer insures a good seal between the bottom of the blast clleaning nozzles and hose.
Important guide lines for installing your new nozzle:
To securely install nozzle in a holder there must be at least 70% of threads engaged in nozzle holder - a minimum of 8 threads on 1-1/4” NPSM or minimum of 4 threads on Contractor / 50mm style sandblasting Nozzle. The more threads engaged in holder the stronger the sandblasting nozzle installation. In engineering terms, the more threads that are engaged the more secure the connection.
Hose should be cut squarely & installed in holder so as to allow bottom of nozzle with washer to seat firmly against hose. There must be 100% contact with washer at bottom of sandblasting nozzle & sandblasting hose. Hose installation in holder should allow blast cleaning nozzle threads to engage in holder as recommended above.
Your quality sandblasting nozzle is supplied complete with a nozzle washer. This washer will provide a seal between end of sandblasting nozzle & blast hose when nozzle is installed correctly. Always use sandblasting nozzle with a washer.
Cut away showing nozzle installed in nozzle holder flush up against hose. There should be 100% contact between bottom of nozzle (washer) and hose surface.