Suggested Good Nozzle Practice.
- Your new carbide lined nozzle is supplied with a nozzle washer. Place threaded end of nozzle up against end of abrasive blast hose in nozzle holder. There should be 100% surface contact between nozzle washer and top of hose. (See picture below) When installed correctly the nozzle washer will help prevent wear at nozzle entrance.
- Always inspect equipment & replace worn hose, nozzle holders, washers & nozzles.
- To maintain productivity always replace nozzle when inside bore has worn to one size larger than originally supplied. (1/16" /1.59mm)
- To avoid injury/harm when blast cleaning, always follow all statutory & other established safety rules covering blast cleaning operating procedures.
- To avoid injury/harm when blast cleaning, always follow all statutory & other established safety rules covering the selection & use of equipment & media.
- When cleaning nozzles do not bang them against anything as this may crack or fracture the carbide liner.
- Always check carbide lined nozzles before using for excessive wear, cracked or broken liners. Always replace nozzles when you see the liner has been damaged, cracked or otherwise compromised.
- Before screwing nozzle & holder together, clean threads of grit etc. Make sure you use/replace the washer.
Important guide lines for installing your new nozzle:
To securely install nozzle in a holder there must be at least 70% of threads engaged in nozzle holder - a minimum of 8 threads on 1-1/4” NPSM or minimum of 4 threads on Contractor / 50mm style Nozzle. The more threads engaged in holder the stronger the nozzle installation.
Hose should be cut squarely & installed in holder so as to allow bottom of nozzle with washer to seat firmly against hose. There must be 100% contact with washer at bottom of nozzle & hose. Hose installation in holder should allow nozzle threads to engage in holder as recommended above.
Your nozzle is supplied with a nozzle washer. This washer will provide a seal between end of nozzle & blast hose when nozzle is installed correctly. Always use nozzle with a washer.
Cut away showing nozzle installed in nozzle holder flush up against hose. There should be 100% contact between bottom of nozzle (washer) and hose surface.